WHAT’S HAPPENING! DATES FOR YOUR DIARY!
- ST. JOHN BOSCO FEAST DAY: The Salesian Sisters, Dowhills Road, Blundellsands, L23 invite you to mark the Feast of their founder on Wednesday, 30th January at 11 am for tea/coffee followed by Mass at 12 noon. All welcome, just come along!
- ST. JOSEPH’S PRAYER CENTRE, FORMBY: A day exploring the spirituality of Etty Hillusum, a remarkable Jewish woman killed in Auschwitz, on Wednesday, 23rd January, 10.30 am to 3.30 pm, led by Donna Worthington. £22 per person, including lunch.
- THINKING OUTSIDE THE PEW: Prayer and discussion to learn more of what the Sunday Gospel invites us to be – St. Helen’s Parish Centre each Monday at 7.30 pm. See underneath the Link PRAYER for last discussion.
- FOOD FOR THOUGHT: Ecumenical discussions each Thursday in the Parish Centre at 1.30 pm. Everyone very welcome! See underneath the Link PRAYER for last reflection. We welcome Catholics and other denominations.
- SUPPORT MEETINGS FOR DIVORCED AND SEPARATED CATHOLICS: Christians who are divorced or separated (recently or in the past) or who are experiencing the breakdown of a marriage or a long term relationship. The small groups are informative, affirming, free and confidential. To book a place on the South Liverpool course please call: Frances Trotman 0151 727 2195. To book a place on the Ormskirk course please call: Maureen O’Brien 07967 753371. General enquiries may be directed to Maureen O’Brien, LACE, 0151 522 1044 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FOODBANK: We need support to date and sort the foods to ensure that we can process the food orders for the Foodbank Centres. Please ‘phone 934 3055 if you can help.
- ST. JOSEPH’S YOUTH GROUP: The Group meet every Friday in St. Joseph’s Presbytery, 6 pm to 7.30 pm for fun, faith and fish ‘n’ chips. Everyone in Year 7 or above very welcome!
- FATIMA FIRST SATURDAY DEVOTIONS: Saturday, 2nd February, beginning with Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament at 11 am; Rosary 11.10 am; Fatima prayers; Holy Mass 12 noon. Sacrament of Reconciliation available. Fatima literature available.
- ROSARY FOR THE UNBORN: Wednesday, 6th February, following Mass at 9.30 am. Your prayers are needed.
- FRIENDS OF MERRILOCKS PARK: Induction Park Meeting for those who would like to ‘garden’ in the Park, on Wednesday, 6th February, 11 am to 12 noon at the West Lancs Golf Club. Please e-mail: email@example.com if you would like to attend.
- SOCIETY FOR THE PROTECTION OF THE UNBORN (SPUC): Crosby & District Branch monthly meeting on Thursday, 7th February, 7.30 pm, following Mass at 7 pm. New members always welcome!
- IRENAEUS: Scripture Mornings on Thursdays 21st and 28th February, and 7th and 14th March, 10.30 am to 12 noon, at 32, Great George’s Road, L22 IRD.
- IRENAEUS: Silent Lenten Retreat, 5th to 7th April, at 32, Great Georges Road, L22 1RD. Please phone 0151 949 1199 for more details and to book a place.