WHAT’S HAPPENING! DATES FOR YOUR DIARY!
- URGENT – ACT NOW IN SUPPORT OF CATHOLIC EDUCATION: The Government is making a critical decision on whether to overturn the admissions cap, which prevents new Catholic Schools from allowing all Catholic pupils to attend. The Prime Minister has acknowledged that this policy discriminates against Catholics and had promised previously to abandon it. We need you to tell the Government not to discriminate against Catholics and to remove the admissions cap on new Faith-based schools. Please complete the online petition letter to the Education Secretary by visiting: http://catholicnews.org.uk/education-cap OR collect draft letters from the back of the Church.
- CHURCHES TOGETHER IN BLUNDELLSANDS: Every Tuesday during Lent – discussions on Faith: 20th February, 7 pm St. Joseph’s; 27th February, 7 pm St. Nicholas; 6th March, 7 pm Crosby URC; 13th March possibly 2 pm St. Michael’s; 20th March 7 pm Blundellsands Methodist; 27th March 7 pm Blundellsands URC.
- DEMENTIA FRIENDLY: ‘Sing-a-Long’ on the 21st February, at St. Thomas of Canterbury Church Hall, Gt. George’s Rd. Waterloo.
- PASSOVER OF JESUS: Talks by Fr. Tom Cullinan in St. Helen’s Parish Centre at 7.45 pm i.e. 22nd February ‘Death of the Living One’; 1st March ‘Supper and Garden’; 8th March ‘The Trials’; 15th March ‘Crucifixion’: 5th April ‘I am Risen’: 12th April ‘ . . . and am with you’.
- ST. JOSEPH’S YOUTH GROUP: The Group meet every Friday in St. Joseph’s Presbytery, 6 pm to 7.30 pm for fun, faith and fish ‘n’ chips. Everyone in Year 7 or above very welcome!
- IRENAEUS PROJECT – PILGRIMAGE TO THE HOLY LAND: See below under JUNE.
- THINKING OUTSIDE THE PEW: Prayer and discussion to learn more of what the Sunday Gospel invites us to be – St. Helen’s Parish Centre each Monday at 7.30 pm. See underneath the Link PRAYER for last discussion.
- FOOD FOR THOUGHT: Ecumenical discussions each Thursday in the Parish Centre at 1.30 pm. Everyone very welcome! See underneath Link PRAYER for last reflection.
- SUPPORT MEETINGS FOR DIVORCED AND SEPARATED CATHOLICS: We welcome Catholics and other Christians who are divorced or separated (recently or in the past) or who are experiencing the breakdown of a marriage or a long term relationship. The small groups are informative, affirming, free and confidential. To book a place on the South Liverpool course please call: Frances Trotman 0151 727 2195. To book a place on the Ormskirk course please call: Maureen O’Brien 07967 753371. General enquiries may be directed to MaureenO’Brien, LACE, 0151 522 1044 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FOODBANK: We need support to date and sort the foods to ensure that we can process the food orders for the Foodbank Centres. Please ‘phone 934 3055 if you can help. Many thanks.
- LIVERPOOL PHILHARMONIC HALL: ‘The Priests’ in Concert on Friday, 1st June, with Danielle Thomas. Tickets £30. Please put your name on the list at the back of the Church if you would like a ticket. Transport from St. Helen’s Church will be arranged.
- IRENAEUS PROJECT: Pilgrimage to the Holy Land, 11th to 20th June. Cost approximately £1,800 per person, single room supplement. Please contact 0151 949 1199 OR e-mail: email@example.com for further details.
- METROPOLITAN CATHEDRAL OF CHRIST THE KING: Rev. Philip Carr, Rev. Anthony Kelly and Carl Mugan will be ordained to the Priesthood on Saturday 7th July 2018. Please keep them in your prayers.
- EUCHARISTIC CONGRESS, LIVERPOOL: This will take place from the 7th to 9th September. Anyone who would like to be involved please contact Fr. Martin, as soon as possible, through the Parish Office (0151 924 3417). Click HERE for further details.