WHAT’S HAPPENING! DATES FOR YOUR DIARY!
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2020 !
- SYNOD 2020: Please contact Martin Bennett if you would like to attend future meetings or become involved in putting forward Parish contributions i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org OR phone:07931902346..
- QUIZ NIGHT in aid of HCPT Group 220 at 7.30 pm on Friday 31st January in the Parish Centre. Doors open at 7 pm, bring your own drink and nibbles. £4 per adult £2 per child. Please support this great cause and have fun at the same time!
- CATHOLIC SINGLES: An organisation which helps single Catholics of all ages (over 18 years) meet other single Catholics, either one to one or through social events. For further information visit www.catholicsingles.org.uk or phone: 0161 941 3498
- FATIMA FIVE FIRST SATURDAYS DEVOTIONS: On Saturday, 1st Febriuary, beginning with Exposition at 11 am; Rosary 11.10 am; Fatima prayers; Sacrament of Reconciliation; Free Fatima prayers/leaflets available.
- EXPOSITION AND ROSARY FOR THE UNBORN: Wednesday, 5th February, following Mass at 9.30 am. Your prayers are needed. Refreshments afterwards.
- FIVE LESSONS FROM THE WAY OF ST. JAMES: St Edmund’s Church, Waterloo on WEDNESDAY 5TH FEBRUARY, 8 pm. Edward went on pilgrimage to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela in the Summer of 2019 and will talk about his experiences and share with you five lessons that he learned from walking the Camino. All proceeds are in aid of SPUC. Light refreshments provided and all are welcome.
- SOCIETY FOR THE PROTECTION OF UNBORN CHILDREN (SPUC): Crosby & District Branch Meeting on Thursday, 6th February, 7.30 pm following Mass at 7 pm. Come and find out more about the work done by SPUC.
- ST. JOSEPH’S SOCIAL COMMITTEE: ‘Dinner Dance’ on Friday, 7th February, at the West Lancs Golf Club. Tickets £32 per person from the Parish Office and from Anne Clegg (e-mail: email@example.com) OR phone: 0151 924 2023/0795455605.
- BARN DANCE & CEILIDHI: Starring Michael Coyne, Liverpool Irish Centre, 6 Boundary Lane, L6 5JG ON Sunday, 23rd February, 2pm to 5.30 pm. Admission £6. Children £3. A coach will be leaving St. Helen’s Church, Crosby but must be booked in advance. For tickets and coach bookings contact: Sr. Catherine 07486131930. Licensed bar, refreshments and Irish Stew available to purchase. Helping to take sick/ disabled pilgrims to the Shrine of the Virgin of the poor, Banneux Notre Dame, Belgium.
- LOURDES 2020 YOUTH PILGRIMAGE:
There are still some places available on the youth pilgrimage to Lourdes. If you are interested in being part of the pilgrimage, please go to animateyouth.org to find out more and download an application form. For any young person over the age of 18 there is the St Bernadette Team who offer more personal care for the assisted pilgrims in Lourdes. Please look at animateyouth.org or Liverpool-lourdes.org.uk for more information and an application form.
- ACROSS PILGRIMAGE TO LOURDES: 14th to 23rd May. The Pilgrimage will coincide with the International Military Pilgrimage weekend, an amazing event! Helpers, Nurses and of assisted pilgrims invited to travel. Contact Anne Saltrese (07984 449530) for more details.
- IRENAEUS PILGRIMAGE TO THE HOLY LAND: 9th to 18th June. £1,800 per person. Please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.