WHAT’S HAPPENING! DATES FOR YOUR DIARY!
- ST. JOHN’S CHURCH, KIRKDALE: Novena for ‘peace in the world’ begins on Wednesday 10th October and continues each Wednesday for 9 weeks’
- ST. LUKE’S CHURCH, CROSBY: An evening with Garth Hewitt, Saturday, 17th November 17th at 7 pm. Garth sings of hope and justice in uncertain times. In aid of Amos Trust, which supports projects in South Africa, Nicaragua and Israel/ Palestine. Tickets £12 on the door, or £10 through Eventbrite website.
- CHRISTMAS FAIR: Saturday, 24th November, 12.45 pm in the Parish Centre. The event of the year! includes Father Christmas Grotto, Tombola, Gift Stalls, Raffles, Refreshments. In aid of the Society for the Protection of Unborn Children (SPUC).
- CEILIDH: Saturday, 24th November 24th, pm, United Reformed Church, Warren Road, Blundellsands, L23. Live Band, Hot food. Family ticket £25 (unlimited children) Adults £10, Children £4. Tickets from the Parish Office, or from Frank on 07801585604. All proceeds for the Ebola Orphans
- ALL SAINTS WITH ST. FRIDESWYDE CHURCH, CROSBY: Advent Reflection Day : Saturday 24th November, 10 am to 3.30 pm. A day of reflection on events in Israel/Palestine. Key Speaker, Roisin Jacklin Campaigns Officer, Medical Aid for Palestinians (MAP). Cost £15 including vegetarian lunch or £8 without lunch. Please book asap if you require lunch by sending a cheque made out to Friends of Sabeel UK to Deborah Darnes 16 Park House Drive Sandbach CW11 1YW or ring Kathleen Zimak on 0151 286 2117
- ST. JOSEPH’S HOSPICE: Prize Bingo Night on Friday, 30th November, 7.30 pm at St Helen’s Parish Centre. Great Fun Night out! £1 per game/12 games during the evening.
- IRENAEUS: Advent Scripture Weekend led by Fr Chris Thomas on Friday 30th November to Sunday 2nd December – “They shall come from the East and the West” Residential /Non-residential. Please contact Irenaeus for more information and to book phone: 0151 949 1199 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- THINKING OUTSIDE THE PEW: Prayer and discussion to learn more of what the Sunday Gospel invites us to be – St. Helen’s Parish Centre each Monday at 7.30 pm. See underneath the Link PRAYER for last discussion.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT: Ecumenical discussions each Thursday in the Parish Centre at 1.30 pm. Everyone very welcome! See underneath the Link PRAYER for last reflection. We welcome Catholics and other denominations.
- SUPPORT MEETINGS FOR DIVORCED AND SEPARATED CATHOLICS: Christians who are divorced or separated (recently or in the past) or who are experiencing the breakdown of a marriage or a long term relationship. The small groups are informative, affirming, free and confidential. To book a place on the South Liverpool course please call: Frances Trotman 0151 727 2195. To book a place on the Ormskirk course please call: Maureen O’Brien 07967 753371. General enquiries may be directed to Maureen O’Brien, LACE, 0151 522 1044 or e-mail: email@example.com
- KINDNESS CAFE: At St Nicholas Church, Bridge Road, Blundellsands, each Thursday 11.30 am to 1.30 pm. Everyone welcome!
- FOODBANK: We need support to date and sort the foods to ensure that we can process the food orders for the Foodbank Centres. Please ‘phone 934 3055 if you can help.
- ST. JOSEPH’S YOUTH GROUP: The Group meet every Friday in St. Joseph’s Presbytery, 6 pm to 7.30 pm for fun, faith and fish ‘n’ chips. Everyone in Year 7 or above very welcome!
- FATIMA FIRST SATURDAY DEVOTIONS: Saturday, 1st December, 11.10 am. Exposition, Fatima prayers, Sacrament of Reconciliation, Holy Mass. Literature available about Fatima.
- ST. HELEN’S UCM RETREAT: Saturday, 1st December at Ince Blundell Hall. Speaker Fr. Paul Mooney MHM. £15 (bring packed lunch), Tea/Coffee provided. Confession and Benediction during the day. There are 6 places available – please phone Marie (924 2091) or Hazel (474 1606).
- ROSARY FOR THE UNBORN: Wednesday, 5th November, following Mass at 9.30 am. Everyone invited. Tea/Coffee available afterwards.
- SOCIETY FOR THE PROTECTION OF THE UNBORN (SPUC): Crosby & District Branch Meeting in the Parish Centre on Thursday, 6th November, 7.30 pm, following Mass at 7 pm. New members always welcome!
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS: Friday 7th December at 7 pm. Pray for the Church. Everyone invited.