WHAT’S HAPPENING! DATES FOR YOUR DIARY!
- ST. EDMUND OF CANTERBURY CHURCH: Novena to Our Lady of Perpetual Help ‘The Untier of Knots’ – 26th September at 7.15 pm. Undoing the knots of grief and loss
- ST. JOSEPH’S HOSPICE: Ince Rd Thornton L23 4UE. ‘Coffee and Cards’ on Wednesday 26th September and Wednesday 31st October, 2 pm to 7 pm.
- WATERLOO PARTNERSHIP AGM: Thursday 27th September, 7.30 pm in the Parish Room at St Edmund’s Church, Waterloo. All welcome. (waterloopartnership.co.uk)
- NEWMAN ASSOCIATION: Talk by Mgr. Peter Fleetwood – “Christianity and Marxism” on Thursday, 27th September, 7.30 pm in St Helen’s Parish Centre, following Mass at 7 pm.
- SANDYMOUNT: Weekend Retreats: 28th to 30th September, 19th to 21st October and 9th to 11th November. For more information contact Sandymount 0151 924 4850 or e-mail email@example.com
- ST. JOSEPH’S YOUTH GROUP: The Group meet every Friday in St. Joseph’s Presbytery, 6 pm to 7.30 pm for fun, faith and fish ‘n’ chips. Everyone in Year 7 or above very welcome!
THINKING OUTSIDE THE PEW: Prayer and discussion to learn more of what the Sunday Gospel invites us to be – St. Helen’s Parish Centre each Monday at 7.30 pm. See underneath the Link PRAYER for last discussion.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT: Ecumenical discussions each Thursday in the Parish Centre at 1.30 pm. Everyone very welcome! See underneath the Link PRAYER for last reflection. We welcome Catholics and other denominations.
- SUPPORT MEETINGS FOR DIVORCED AND SEPARATED CATHOLICS: Christians who are divorced or separated (recently or in the past) or who are experiencing the breakdown of a marriage or a long term relationship. The small groups are informative, affirming, free and confidential. To book a place on the South Liverpool course please call: Frances Trotman 0151 727 2195. To book a place on the Ormskirk course please call: Maureen O’Brien 07967 753371. General enquiries may be directed to MaureenO’Brien, LACE, 0151 522 1044 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
FOODBANK: We need support to date and sort the foods to ensure that we can process the food orders for the Foodbank Centres. Please ‘phone 934 3055 if you can help. Many thanks.
- LOURDES YOUTH PILGRIMAGE: (July 2019) Lourdes forms are available online only from 9 am on Monday 1st October. Please download a form and return it with your deposit of £100 as soon as you can. For more information, email email@example.com
- SPUC (Society for the Protection of the Unborn): Crosby & District Branch Meeting, Thursday, 4th October, 7.30 pm, following Mass at 7 pm. New members always welcome, come along and see with no obligation!
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS: First Friday, 5th October, 7 pm, and will continue on each First Friday of the month. This is an opportunity to pray for the renewal of the Church in the light of recent scandals and conflicts.
- FATIMA FIVE FIRST SATURDAY DEVOTIONS: Saturday 6th October. Beginning at 11.10 am. Rosary, Fatima Prayers, Holy Mass at 12 noon. Sacrament of Reconciliation available.
- FR. FRANCIS IN CONCERT: Friday, 12th October, 7.30 pm at St Helen’s Parish Centre Tickets £6 from, from the Parish Office
- IRENAEUS: WOMEN’S WEEKEND from the 19th to 21st October at Irenaeus. ALSO “COME AND SEE”: Saturday, 27th October, 10 am to 5 pm, Maricourt High School, Maghull, L31 3D. Keynote Speaker Fr. Eamon Mulcahy; workshops. To book a place or for more details phone 0151 949 1199 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ASSISI PILGRIMAGE: Visiting Assisi, Florence, Siena and Pisa, travelling by coach to Luton on the 20th September, 2019 – staying in Monte Cantini for 4 nights (close to Florence, Siena and Pisa), then travelling to Assisi for 3 nights. Cost will be in the region of £630 (plus £40 for coach to Luton) which includes half-board at hotels and transport in Italy. More information from Pat Murphy on 931 5778. £20 deposit required.