WHAT’S HAPPENING! DATES FOR YOUR DIARY!
- REMEMBRANCE MASS: We will remember all those we have lost in the last 12 months at our Remembrance Mass at St Helen’s Church on Thursday 14th November at 7 pm and at St Joseph’s Church on Saturday, 16th November at 6.30 pm.
- YOUTH PILGRIMAGE TO LOURDES: Coach Seven are holding a Quiz Night on Friday, 15th November, 7 pm for 7.30 pm, in the Parish Centre, to raise funds for young people to go on Pilgrimage. £4 adults, £3 under 18’s. PAY AT THE DOOR. Bring your own drinks!
- SYNOD 2020: All Called and Gifted by God. Deadline to send in your views is next Sunday, 17th November. Forms can be found at the Synod 2020 table at the back of the Church. A group of parishioners will meet after the 17th November to discern the 5 proposals for action that will represent the views of the Parish. If you would like to be part of the team, speak to MaryT Branton after Mass, or contact Martin Bennett – email@example.com /07931902346.
- ST. JOSEPH’S PRAYER CENTRE: 23rd November – Fr Pat Deegan on
‘Come away to a Lonely place and rest a while’. Further information can be found on the website www.stjosephsprayercentre.com or 01704 87585
- CHRISTMAS FAIR: Saturday 23rd November, 12.30 pm – following 12 noon Mass. Donations of tombola items, raffle prizes, unwanted gifts, toys, books, BOTTLES etc., gratefully accepted. Please bring to the Parish Office. Many thanks.
- TABLE SALE: In aid of Local HCPT Group 220 on Saturday 30th November 12.30 pm to 4 pm in the Parish Centre. Please phone Jane or Hannah (07535905161) before Sunday, 24th November, to reserve a Table (£8).
- CATHOLIC SINGLES: An organisation which helps single Catholics of all ages (over 18 years) meet other single Catholics, either one to one or through social events. For further information visit www.catholicsingles.org.uk or phone: 0161 941 3498
- EXPOSITION AND ROSARY FOR THE UNBORN: Wednesday, 4th December, 10 am, following Mass at 9.30 am. Stay for tea/coffee afterwards!
- SPUC CROSBY & DISTRICT GENERAL MEETING: Thursday, 5th December, 7.30 pm, in the Committee Room, following Mass at 7 pm. Come and see, with no obligation!
- FATIMA FIVE FIRST SATURDAYS DEVOTIONS: Saturday, 7th December, beginning with Exposition at 11 am; Rosary 11.10 am; Fatima prayers; Sacrament of Reconciliation; Fatima literature available.
- CAROL CONCERT: Liverpool Male Voice Choir on Friday, 13th December, 7.30 pm at St. William of York Church, 74, Edge Lane, L23 4TG. Tickets £6 (including light refreshments) from St. William of York Parish Office and St. Helen’s Church Parish Office and from Joe Ward (0151 924 5761).
- PARISH PANTOMIME: “Dick Whittington” at Bootle Town Hall on Friday, 13th December. Adults £15, Children: £10. Price includes fish and chip tea, transport and ticket. Please sign up on the list at the back of Church.
- PARISH TRIP: “Miracle on 34th Street” at Liverpool Playhouse on Wednesday, 18th December. 50 tickets at £27 each available. Please sign on the form at the back of the Church if you would like to book. Coach transport arranged. Full payment required when booking.
- IRENAEUS PILGRIMAGE TO THE HOLY LAND: 9th to 18th June, 2020. £1,800 per person. Please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- LOURDES 2020 YOUTH PILGRIMAGE:
There are still some places available on the youth pilgrimage to Lourdes. If you are interested in being part of the pilgrimage, please go to animateyouth.org to find out more and download an application form. For any young person over the age of 18 there is the St Bernadette Team who offer more personal care for the assisted pilgrims in Lourdes. Please look at animateyouth.org or Liverpool-lourdes.org.uk for more information and an application form.