WHAT’S HAPPENING! DATES FOR YOUR DIARY!
- SYNOD 2020: Please contact Martin Bennett if you would like to attend future meetings or become involved in putting forward Parish contributions i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org OR phone:07931902346.
- BARN DANCE & CEILIDHI: Starring Michael Coyne, Liverpool Irish Centre, 6 Boundary Lane, L6 5JG ON Sunday, 23rd February, 2pm to 5.30 pm. Admission £6. Children £3. A coach will be leaving St. Helen’s Church, Crosby but must be booked in advance. For tickets and coach bookings contact: Sr. Catherine 07486131930. Licensed bar, refreshments and Irish Stew available to purchase. Helping to take sick/ disabled pilgrims to the Shrine of the Virgin of the poor, Banneux Notre Dame, Belgium.
- IRENAEUS: SCRIPTURE DAY – ‘A Star shall come out of Jacob and a Sceptre shall rise out of Israel’ . A look at the Book of Numbers, 29th February at Irenaeus, 32 Great Georges Road.
- LIVERPOOL PAX CHRISTI: Ash Wednesday Walk Of Witness through Liverpool City Centre at 12 noon on Wednesday February 26th A public expression of support for Pope Francis’s call to reject nuclear weapons – ending with a petition to the Mayor and City Council to support the UN Treaty on the prohibition of Nuclear Weapons. Beginning at St Luke’s ‘bombed ‘ church and ending at the Town Hall, after pauses for prayer and reflection and the distribution of ashes at Lord Street.
- LOURDES 2020 YOUTH PILGRIMAGE:
There are still some places available on the youth pilgrimage to Lourdes. If you are interested in being part of the pilgrimage, please go to animateyouth.org to find out more and download an application form. For any young person over the age of 18 there is the St Bernadette Team who offer more personal care for the assisted pilgrims in Lourdes. Please look at animateyouth.org or Liverpool-lourdes.org.uk for more information and an application form.
- CATHOLIC SINGLES: An organisation which helps single Catholics of all ages (over 18 years) meet other single Catholics, either one to one or through social events. For further information visit www.catholicsingles.org.uk or phone: 0161 941 3498
- YOUTH ALIVE MASS: Sunday, 1st March, 6.30 pm led by Animate Youth and Coach 7 (the Lourdes Youth Group). Please join the groups prepare for Lourdes and to mark the beginning of Lent. Refreshments available.
- PLAZA CINEMA: The film ‘The Two Popes’ on Sunday, 1st March, 7.45 pm. Tickets £4. Recommended by Archbishop McMahon!
- SYNOD 2020: Meeting at St. Joseph’s Presbytery on Wednesday, 4th March, 7.30 pm to discuss Theme 4 of the Synod ‘Building Community, Nurturing Belonging’. Everyone welcome to draw up proposals to submit to the Synod Office.
- ST. JOSEPHS PRAYER CENTRE: Day of Retreat for Lent on Saturday, 7th March, 10.30 am to 3.30 pm. Mass at 10 am. Led by Sr. Annie Lunney SMG. £20 donation including a light lunch.
- KINDHEARTS CAFE: St. Nicholas Church, Harlech Road, Waterloo. Saturday, 14th March, 10 am to 2 pm. Mindfulness Day – Talk and relaxation techniques. Shared lunch (bring a plate). Tea/Coffee provided. Please phone Rosemary (0151 474 0390) to book a place.
- CHURCHES TOGETHER: A Talk for Lent by Bishop Tom Williams at St. Helen’s Parish Centre, on Wednesday, 11th March, 7 pm. Refreshments available.
- MEDJUGORJE IRISH CENTRE PILGRIMAGES: April to October. 7 night stay and Sirport Shuttle Service from Dubrovnik or Split, £266 per person sharing. Book any flight, any time, yourself. Tel 020 3239 8662 OR e-mail: email@example.com for more information.
- ACROSS PILGRIMAGE TO LOURDES: 14th to 23rd May. The Pilgrimage will coincide with the International Military Pilgrimage weekend, an amazing event! Helpers, Nurses and of assisted pilgrims invited to travel. Contact Anne Saltrese (07984 449530) for more details.
- IRENAEUS PILGRIMAGE TO THE HOLY LAND: 9th to 18th June. £1,800 per person. Please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.