WHAT’S HAPPENING! DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
- BELARUS SISTERS: The Sisters from St Elisabeth’s Convent, Belarus, will visit St Helen’s on Thursday 23rd May at the 7 pm Mass and St Joseph’s on Monday 27th May at the 9.30 am Mass. They will be selling crafts to fund different projects they support.
- GARDEN PARTY: in aid of the Children’s Society on Saturday 25th May, 2 pm at 40, Spinney Crescent, Blundellsands. £2 entry (includes Cream Tea) with various stalls.
- SYNOD 2020: Meetings will take place at St. Helen’s Parish Centre, on Wednesday, 29th May, 11-1 p.m. and on Sunday 2nd June, 2-4 pm and at St. Joseph’s on Wednesday, 29th May 7-9pm and Tuesday, 4th June 7-9 pm. Listening Meetings to ensure ‘everyone’ is heard – all welcome!
- IRENAEUS SCRIPTURE MORNINGS: “He is Risen” Thursdays 30th May, 6th, 13th & 20th June. Contact Jenny; 0151 949 email@example.com
- THINKING OUTSIDE THE PEW: Prayer and discussion to learn more of what the Sunday Gospel invites us to be – St. Helen’s Parish Centre each Monday at 7.30 pm. See underneath the Link PRAYER for last discussion.
- FOOD FOR THOUGHT: Ecumenical discussions each Thursday in the Parish Centre at 1.30 pm. Everyone very welcome! See underneath the Link PRAYER for last reflection. We welcome Catholics and other denominations.
- SUPPORT MEETINGS FOR DIVORCED AND SEPARATED CATHOLICS: Christians who are divorced or separated (recently or in the past) or who are experiencing the breakdown of a marriage or a long term relationship. The small groups are informative, affirming, free and confidential. To book a place on the South Liverpool course please call: Frances Trotman 0151 727 2195. To book a place on the Ormskirk course please call: Maureen O’Brien 07967 753371. General enquiries may be directed to Maureen O’Brien, LACE, 0151 522 1044 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FOODBANK: We need support to date and sort the foods to ensure that we can process the food orders for the Foodbank Centres. Please ‘phone 934 3055 if you can help.
- ST. JOSEPH’S YOUTH GROUP: The Group meet every Friday in St. Joseph’s Presbytery, 6 pm to 7.30 pm for fun, faith and fish ‘n’ chips. Everyone in Year 7 or above very welcome!
- SYNOD 2020: Each Monday at St. Helen’s Parish Centre, 7 pm to 8 pm to discuss and contribute to our Parish preparation for the Synod. Everyone invited to participate. See the Synod 2020 Link above for Feedback and Questionnaires.
- LIVERPOOL ACROSS GROUP: Can you help? there are 2 Across Pilgrimages leaving from Liverpool by Jumbulance with spaces for helpers. The dates are the 4th to 13th July OR 19th to 28th September. For more information please contact Anne Saltrese on 0798 4449530 or e-mail: email@example.com or visit the website: www.across.org.uk
- EXPOSTION AND THE ROSARY FOR THE UNBORN: On Wednesday, 5th June, following Mass at 9.30 am. Your prayers are needed.
- SOCIETY FOR THE PROTECTION OF THE UNBORN (SPUC): Crosby & District Branch Meeting on Thursday 6th June at 8 pm (following Mass at 7 pm). Come and see! New members always welcome.
- FATIMA FIRST SATURDAY DEVOTIONS: Saturday, 8th June, 11 am Exposition, 11.10 am Rosary, Mass 12 noon. Sacrament of Reconciliation available. Fatima literature available.
- QUIZ NIGHT: In aid of S.P.U.C on Friday 7th June at St Helen’s Parish Centre (7 for 7.30 pm). Entry £5 per person. Bring your own drinks (some nibbles provided).
- NORTHERN CATHOLIC CONFERENCE: 7th, 8th and 9th June, at Liverpool Hope University. Speakers: Fr Eamon Mulcahy, Sr Regina Collins, Sr Roseanne Reddy, Johyn Hesketh and Fr Pat Deegan. Contact Denise: 07543800812, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PENTECOST, 2019: This year’s Ecumenical Pentecost celebrations take place on the 9th June beginning at the Metropolitan Cathedral at 3 pm and finishing at the Liverpool Anglican Cathedral with an informal Taizé style service at 4.30pm.
- NORTHERN CATHOLIC CONFERENCE: On the 7th, 8th and 9th June, at Liverpool Hope University. Speakers: Fr Eamon Mulcahy, Sr Regina Collins, Sr Roseanne Reddy, Johyn Hesketh and Fr Pat Deegan. Contact Denise: 07543800812, or email@example.com
- ST. JOSEPH’S PRAYER CENTRE: “Finding the God of Love” “Lord, help me to know You and to know myself” (St Augustine) on Saturday, 8th June, 10 am to 3.30 pm. A day in company with Fr Michael Hickey, a well-known and popular retreat giver from the Diocese of Hexham & Newcastle, in which we explore some of the deeper questions of our lives as followers of Jesus Christ in the Church and the world of to-day. Donation £20 includes a light lunch. Tel: 01704 875850 / 07712178670 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.stjosephsprayercentre.com
- PARISH OUTING: “Jesus Christ Superstar” at the Little Theatre, Southport, on Friday, 14th June, 2019. 50 tickets have been reserved and there will be a coach from St Helen’s Church. Tickets £17.50 from the Parish Office (0152 924 3417)
- IRENAEUS: Scripture Weekend: “Sing a New Song to the Lord” 21st to 23rd June. Contact Jenny; 0151 949 email@example.com
- SALESIAN REUNION: Saturday 6th July. Former pupils and staff of Savio Salesian College/Savio RC High School, Netherton Way, Bootle. For more details, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- NEW DAWN CONFERENCE: 5th to 9th August, in Walsingham. A Catholic Family Pilgrimage Conference. Contact the Prince of Peace Community for more information OR phone: 0151 228 0724 OR e-mail: email@example.com