WHAT’S HAPPENING! DATES FOR YOUR DIARY!
- SYNOD 2020: Each Monday at St. Helen’s Parish Centre, 7 pm to 8 pm to discuss and contribute to our Parish preparation for the Synod. Everyone invited to participate. See the Synod 2020 Link above for Feedback and Questionnaires.
- REFLECTIONS: On Jesus’ last words from the Cross at St Helen’s Church Crosby, Wednesdays 20th; 27th March 3rd; 10th April 7.00 pm – 9.00 pm
- SANDYMOUNT RETREAT CENTRE: Lenten Retreat on Wednesday, 20th March, 7 pm by Fr. George Antony OP ‘By his bruises we are healed’. Phone 924 4850 or e-mail:email@example.com.
- NEWMAN ASSOCIATION: Thursday, 21st March, 7.30 pm following Mass at 7 pm, a Talk by Judith Daley, Family Court Judge on ‘The Changing Ethics of Family Law’. Refreshments beforehand.
- FREE ‘WELLBEING’ EVENT: Thursday 21st March at the Kindhearts Café, Bridge Road (Harlech Street entrance) 11.30 am to 1.30 pm with Macmillan, Can Cook, Age Concern, Baby Bear Massage, free hand massage. Delicious soup, cake, scones and smoothies
- SANDYMOUNT RETREAT CENTRE: Testimony by Frank Cottrell-Boyce on Friday, 29th March, 7.15 pm, followed by Holy Mass and Supper. Phone 924 4850 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- SAVE THE CHILDREN: Coffee Morning on Friday, 29th March, 10.30 am to 1 pm in St. Helen’s Parish Centre. Refreshments, Raffle, Tombola and Stalls.
- LIVERPOOL ACROSS GROUP: Can you help? there are 2 Across Pilgrimages leaving from Liverpool by Jumbulance with spaces for helpers. The dates are the 4th to 13th July OR 19th to 28th September. For more information please contact Anne Saltrese on 0798 4449530 or e-mail: email@example.com or visit the website: www.across.org.uk
- THINKING OUTSIDE THE PEW: Prayer and discussion to learn more of what the Sunday Gospel invites us to be – St. Helen’s Parish Centre each Monday at 7.30 pm. See underneath the Link PRAYER for last discussion.
- FOOD FOR THOUGHT: Ecumenical discussions each Thursday in the Parish Centre at 1.30 pm. Everyone very welcome! See underneath the Link PRAYER for last reflection. We welcome Catholics and other denominations.
- SUPPORT MEETINGS FOR DIVORCED AND SEPARATED CATHOLICS:Christianswho are divorced or separated (recently or in the past) or who are experiencing the breakdown of a marriage or a long term relationship. The small groups are informative, affirming, free and confidential. To book a place on the South Liverpool course please call: Frances Trotman 0151 727 2195. To book a place on the Ormskirk course please call: Maureen O’Brien 07967 753371. General enquiries may be directed to Maureen O’Brien, LACE, 0151 522 1044 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FOODBANK: We need support to date and sort the foods to ensure that we can process the food orders for the Foodbank Centres. Please ‘phone 934 3055 if you can help.
- ST. JOSEPH’S YOUTH GROUP: The Group meet every Friday in St. Joseph’s Presbytery, 6 pm to 7.30 pm for fun, faith and fish ‘n’ chips. Everyone in Year 7 or above very welcome!
- EXPOSITION AND ROSARY FOR THE UNBORN: Wednesday, 3rd April, following Mass at 9.30 am. Your prayers are needed.
- SOCIETY FOR THE PROTECTION OF THE UNBORN (SPUC): Crosby & District Branch monthly meeting on Thursday, 4th April, 7.30 pm, following Mass at 7 pm. New members always welcome!
- FATIMA FIRST SATURDAY DEVOTIONS: Saturday, 6th April, beginning with Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament at 11 am; Rosary 11.10 am; Fatima prayers; Holy Mass 12 noon. Sacrament of Reconciliation available. Fatima literature available.
- IRENAEUS: Silent Lenten Retreat, 5th to 7th April, at 32, Great Georges Road, L22 1RD. Please phone 0151 949 1199 for more details and to book a place.
- ST. JOSEPH’S PRAYER CENTRE: Tuesday, 9th April,10.30 am to 3.30 pm. Speakers Br. Francis, Chair of the Medaille Trust and Sr. Isabel Kelly, FMSJ and Anthony Brown on ‘Raising Awareness of Human Trafficking and Combating Modern Slavery in the UK to-day’. £20 per person, including lunch. Please phone 01704 875850 or e-mail: email@example.com for further information.
- PILGRIMAGE TO KNOCK SHRINE: Fully escorted, on the 13th May 2019. £649 per person, sharing. Price includes flight with 10 kg hand luggage, all taxes, luxury transfers, 4 nights’ in Knock House Hotel with full Irish Breakfast each morning and 4 Course Dinner each evening. Contact Patricia on 01268 762 278 or 07740 175557 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PARISH OUTING: “Jesus Christ Superstar” at the Little Theatre, Southport, on Friday, 14th June, 2019. 50 tickets have been reserved and there will be a coach from St Helen’s Church. Tickets £17.50 from the Parish Office (0152 924 3417)