WHAT’S HAPPENING! DATES FOR YOUR DIARY!
- POPE FRANCIS: Will meet Bishops and others in 2018 to talk about Youth, Faith and Vocational Discernment. If you are aged between 13-29 years old, the Catholic Church in England and Wales would like to hear from you, we want to hear what life is like, your thoughts on faith and connection with the Catholic Church. To help you tell us we have created a Mega Youth Poll you can access using this link: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/parish-youth-poll or by searching for ‘Catholic Mega Youth Poll.’ If you are over this age limit but would like to help, please encourage the young people you know to respond to this poll.
- PARISH MEETING: Following on from the questionnaire completed by 45 young people, everyone invited to share what they are telling us and to discuss how we, as a Parish, might develop the conversation on Monday 20th November, 7.30 pm (open from 7 pm for those who want to view the exhibition) in the Parish Centre.
- IRENAEUS: Scripture Mornings 23rd, 30th November, 7th, 14th December, 10.30 am to 12 noon. ‘The Lord is my Saviour’ – A Journey through the Book of Exodus. No charge, but donations gratefully received. Please contact Irenaeus on 0151 949 1199 or email email@example.com for more information.
- ARCHBISHOP MALCOLM McMAHON: Will host an evening for men who would like to find out more about becoming Deacons on Friday 24th November, 7.30 pm to 9 pm at St John’s Fountains Road. Wives invited to attend also.
- CAFOD: Liverpool Memorial Mass for the relatives and friends of deceased supporters of CAFOD on Saturday, 25 November, 5.30 pm at Sacred Heart, Liverpool Road, Ainsdale, Southport, Merseyside, PR8 3BP. Everyone welcome to attend. Refreshments afterwards.
- EMPIRE THEATRE: ‘War Horse’ on Monday 27th November. Tickets £37. Please contact the Parish Office for more information.
- SOCIETY FOR THE PROTECTION OF UNBORN CHILDREN (SPUC): Christmas Fair on Saturday 25th November, 12.45 pm. Father Christmas Grotto, Gift Stalls, Tombola, Raffle, Refreshments. Fun day for everyone!
- EBOLA ORPHANS: Ceilidh Night, organized by St. Joseph’s Church, on Saturday 25th November at 7.30 pm held at the United Reformed Church (URC)Warren Road, Blundellsands. Live band and hot supper. Tickets: £8 (adults), £4 (children), Family ticket £25.
- THINKING OUTSIDE THE PEW: Prayer and discussion to learn more of what the Sunday Gospel invites us to be – St. Helen’s Parish Centre each Monday at 7.30 pm. See underneath the Link PRAYER for last discussion.
- FOOD FOR THOUGHT: Ecumenical discussions each Thursday in the Parish Centre at 1.30 pm. Everyone very welcome! See underneath Link PRAYER for last reflection.
- SUPPORT MEETINGS FOR DIVORCED AND SEPARATED CATHOLICS: We welcome Catholics and other Christians who are divorced or separated (recently or in the past) or who are experiencing the breakdown of a marriage or a long term relationship. The small groups are informative, affirming, free and confidential. To book a place on the South Liverpool course please call: Frances Trotman 0151 727 2195. To book a place on the Ormskirk course please call: Maureen O’Brien 07967 753371. General enquiries may be directed to MaureenO’Brien, LACE, 0151 522 1044 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FOODBANK: We need support to date and sort the foods to ensure that we can process the food orders for the Foodbank Centres. Please ‘phone 934 3055 if you can help. Many thanks.
- FATIMA DEVOTIONS: In a spirit of Reparation to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, on Saturday, 2nd December at St. Helen’s Church. Exposition 11 am; Devotion Prayers/Rosary 11.10 am; Holy Mass 12 noon. Confessions available.
- ALADDIN PANTOMIME: Friday 1st December at Bootle Town Hall. Adults £15 Children £10. Price includes – Supper of fish and chips/tea; transport and panto ticket. Please sign up on the list at the back of church to book a place.
- CAROL CONCERT: The Liverpool Male Voice Choir on Friday, 15th December, 7.30 pm at St. Helen’s Church. Tickets £6 (including refreshments). No charge for children. All proceeds in aid of the Society for the Protection of Unborn Children (SPUC).
- AMADEUS: THE CHAMBER CHOIR: Carol Concert at Holy Family Church, Ince Blundell, on Friday, 15th December at 7.30 pm. Tickets £5. Under 16’s £2.50. All proceeds in aid of Mary’s Meals.
- METROPOLITAN CATHEDRAL OF CHRIST THE KING: Rev. Philip Carr, Rev. Anthony Kelly and Carl Mugan will be ordained to the Priesthood on Saturday 7th July 2018. Please keep them in your prayers.