WHAT’S HAPPENING! DATES FOR YOUR DIARY!
National Eucharistic Conference
See under September for details
- ST. JOSEPH’S PRAYER CENTRE, Blundell Ave. Formby, L37 1PH. Talk on ‘Discipleship’ by Bishop John Arnold, on Tuesday, 24th April, 10.20 am to 3 pm. Donation £20 (including lunch). Mass at 12 noon. Please phone 01704 875850 to book a place.
- SAVE THE CHILDREN: Coffee Morning on Friday, 27th April, 10.30 am to 1 pm. Stalls, crafts, cakes, toys, raffle, tombola. Everyone welcome!
- NEW GOODS TABLE SALE: To raise funds for Matt, who has cancer, to explore treatment options. Parish Centre, Saturday, 28th April, 12.30 pm following Mass at 12. Noon.
- ROSARY ON THE COAST: Meeting on Sunday 29th April, at the Coastguard Station, Hall Road, Blundellsands at 3 pm. Praying for Faith, Life and Peace in the British Isles. Everyone, come and pray for our Country. Refreshments at Sandymount Retreat Centre afterwards.
- FATIMA – FIRST SATURDAY DEVOTIONS: Saturday, 5th May, beginning at 11.10 am. Rosary, Prayers, Holy Mass at 12 noon. Sacrament of Reconciliation available.
- SAVE THE CHILDREN: Coffee Morning in the Parish Centre on Friday, 27th April, 10.30 am until 1 pm. Stalls, cakes, tombola, raffle. Everyone welcome!
- ST. JOSEPH’S YOUTH GROUP: The Group meet every Friday in St. Joseph’s Presbytery, 6 pm to 7.30 pm for fun, faith and fish ‘n’ chips. Everyone in Year 7 or above very welcome!
IRENAEUS PROJECT: Scripture Mornings “I will pour out my spirit on all people” Acts of the Apostles, 10.30 am to 12 noon on the 3rd, 10th, 17th and 24th May. PILGRIMAGE TO THE HOLY LAND See below under JUNE.
THINKING OUTSIDE THE PEW: Prayer and discussion to learn more of what the Sunday Gospel invites us to be – St. Helen’s Parish Centre each Monday at 7.30 pm. See underneath the Link PRAYER for last discussion.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT: Ecumenical discussions each Thursday in the Parish Centre at 1.30 pm. Everyone very welcome! See underneath Link PRAYER for last reflection.
SUPPORT MEETINGS FOR DIVORCED AND SEPARATED CATHOLICS: We welcome Catholics and other Christians who are divorced or separated (recently or in the past) or who are experiencing the breakdown of a marriage or a long term relationship. The small groups are informative, affirming, free and confidential. To book a place on the South Liverpool course please call: Frances Trotman 0151 727 2195. To book a place on the Ormskirk course please call: Maureen O’Brien 07967 753371. General enquiries may be directed to MaureenO’Brien, LACE, 0151 522 1044 or e-mail: email@example.com
FOODBANK: We need support to date and sort the foods to ensure that we can process the food orders for the Foodbank Centres. Please ‘phone 934 3055 if you can help. Many thanks.
- LIVERPOOL PHILHARMONIC HALL: ‘The Priests’ in Concert on Friday, 1st June, with Danielle Thomas. Tickets £30. Please put your name on the list at the back of the Church if you would like a ticket. Transport from St. Helen’s Church will be arranged.
- IRENAEUS PROJECT: Pilgrimage to the Holy Land, 11th to 20th June. Cost approximately £1,800 per person, single room supplement. Please contact 0151 949 1199 OR e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
- METROPOLITAN CATHEDRAL OF CHRIST THE KING: Rev. Philip Carr, Rev. Anthony Kelly and Carl Mugan will be ordained to the Priesthood on Saturday 7th July 2018. Please keep them in your prayers.
- NATIONAL EUCHARISTIC CONGRESS, LIVERPOOL: This will take place from the 7th to 9th September. Please Click HERE for further details.