WHAT’S HAPPENING! DATES FOR YOUR DIARY!
- ST. JOSEPH’S RETREAT CENTRE: ‘Seeing Creation’ led by Donna Worthington, Tuesday, 1st October, 10.30 am to 3.30 pm. £20 including light lunch. Contact Sr. Nora Coughlan (01704 875850)
- EXPOSITION AND ROSARY FOR THE UNBORN: Wednesday, 2nd October, 10 am, following 9.30 am Mass. Your prayers are needed.
- SCOUTS EUROJAM 2020: Quiz Night Fundraiser, Friday, 4th October, 6.30 pm at St. Helen’s Parish Centre, to help 3 Scouts to attend the Scouts EuroJam2020 in Poland in 2020. Tickets £5 Adults; £3 under 16’s from the Parish Office. Bring your own drinks and snacks. Everyone welcome.
- FATIMA FIVE FIRST SATURDAYS DEVOTIONS: Saturday, 5th October, beginning with Exposition at 11 am; Rosary 11.10 am; Fatima prayers; Sacrament of Reconciliation; Fatima literature available.
- SOCIETY FOR THE PROTECTION OF THE UNBORN (SPUC): Crosby & District Branch Meeting on Thursday, 3rd October, 7.30 pm, following Mass at 7 pm. New members welcome!
- COME TO THE CEILIDH! On Friday, 11th October, 7 pm for 7.30 pm at St. William of York Parish Centre. Hot Pot/Irish Dancing Display/Irish Bingo/Raffle. Tickets £8 from St. William of York Church L23 4TG (o151 931 4993) AND St. Helen’s Church, L23 7TQ (0151 924 3417). Tickets can also be obtained before/after Services at both Churches. Proceeds in aid of the Society for the Protection of the Unborn (SPUC).
- HARVEST CARVERY LUNCH: At the West Lancs Golf Club on Sunday, 13th October, 12.15 to 1 pm. 3 Course Carvery with Coffee £25. Contact Anne Clegg (924 2023/07954557605) or tickets available from the Parish Office.
- IRENAEUS COME AND SEE CONFERENCE: 12th to 13th October, 2019 at Christ the King High School, Southport. Workshops, Music and Prayer. Suggested donation £40. Please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org OR ‘phone: 0151 949 1199 for more details.
- SOCIETY FOR THE PROTECTION OF UNBORN CHILDREN (SPUC): Saturday, 19th October, at St. Helen’s Parish Centre, 12.30 pm to 2.30 pm. “Defeating Abortion decriminalisation” – Speakers: John Smeaton (CEO of SPUC) and Antonia Tully (Campaigns Director). Please come to this important meeting. We must take action now before it is too late.
- BOARBANK HALL: Day Trip on 19th October, leaving from Little Crosby Church at 7.30 am. Cost £35 (lunch included). Limited numbers. Contact Sr. Catherine (07486131930) to book a place.
- THE NEWMAN CIRCLE: Celebration Lunch and Talk by Dr. Canon Rod Garner, on the 27th October (12.30 pm to 1 pm) at the West Lancs Golf Club, to mark the canonisation of Cardinal Newman. £21 per person, 2 course lunch. Please contact Peter Firth (0151 931 5867) or John Potts (07889 841096) to book a place.
- PARISH TRIP: “Miracle on 34th Street” at Liverpool Playhouse on Wednesday, 18th December. 50 tickets at £27 each available. Please sign on the form at the back of the Church if you would like to book. Coach transport arranged. Full payment required when booking.
- IRENAEUS PILGRIMAGE TO THE HOLY LAND: 9th to 18th June, 2020. £1,800 per person. Please e-mail: email@example.com for more details.